This blog aims to provide fresh insight and accessible, helpful information. Feel free to contact with any questions or suggestions~
The Shadow Pattern | My Step One
Whether you are:
- Using a Photo Reference or Working from Life---
- Copying an Observable Subject or Building an Imaginary/ Conceptual Form--
- Using Paints or Dry Media
The Shadow Pattern can be used as an important building block when establishing proportions and constructing form. Not sure what a shadow pattern is? Click below to read more about my process in observing and replicating a shadow pattern.
Organizing Values | Mindfulness in First Marks
This Post Covers:
- Using a Value Scale to “Ratio” Observed Values to Drawing Material.
- Finding a “Middle Zone” Value.
- Preparing a Shadow Pattern for Practical Use
Here Are Some Tips that will help you become more mindful in your mark making- and more organized in choosing values.